Avalon Freight Services is celebrating 5 years of service. In April of 2016, Avalon Freight Services (AFS) began transporting freight from Berth 95 in San Pedro and the Pebbly Beach freight facility in Avalon, Catalina Island. In addition to providing scheduled service, a minimum of five days a week, year-round, AFS offers charter services.
AFS provides the safest, fastest, quietest, most efficient, eco-friendly and state-of-the-art freight transportation to Catalina Island from the Mainland in the island’s history. All of AFS’s Marine vessels significantly exceed all state and federal standards for air quality emissions and efficiencies.
- New mainland facility at Berth 95 in San Pedro, with easy freeway access and close proximity to other passenger arrivals and departures via ferry or helicopter
- New, secure warehouse
- Custom designed vessels, including state-of-the-art hull design
- New style of self-propelled Landing Craft, named the Catalina Provider, that allows for transportation of freight or evacuation of residents that meet EPA Tier 3 emission standards
- The Landing Craft is able to land without adverse environmental impact on any beach on the Island, to deliver anything from camp supplies to fire engines
- The Ramp Barge will work with the reliable tug Lucy Franco whose engines have been retrofit to achieve Tier 3 emissions standards
- Faster one way channel crossing time of 3 hours
AFS strives to maintain customer satisfaction by transporting freight efficiently and safely. We have a friendly crew standing by to assist with your freight transport needs. For inquiries, please call us at (310) 221-6290.